Sunday, December 22, 2013

KK to KL to Osaka - 29 & 30/6/2013 - Day 3 & 4 - Mobile Edition




1 day of travel from KK to KL to Osaka


Early morning we set off. We had lots of time to kill in the KL airport, we had to change from domestic to international.
A long flight to Osaka, I can't really remember it at all. I just know we got stopped when boarding the plane haha. Random security check? My friend bought the upgrade on the AirAsia flight. So I was in cattle class alone.








We arrived in Osaka later than expected, immigration was extremely painful. I got stopped and had to answer questions. We missed the last train to Osaka :(





We were lucky enough to score a bus, bus took us to the main Osaka station where we then took our first cab in Japan to the Odori Guesthouse. I fell in-love with the place and people it would get a 10/10.
Couldn't ask for more. Location is further out of the city, but it proves to be quieter and more relaxed.

















I was soooo happy to see this parcel waiting for me at Odori backpackers @ 3am
http://japan-wireless.com/ I used Japan Wireless because it was one of a few that provided just a sim card with data and that is was disposable and they can mail it to you.
The rest of the providers need airport pickup, but i was arriving after 10pm which is when most close :(

We were so sorry to the guest house person, they waited up for us...They didn't lock us out like I have had in China. Soooo happy, thanks Kinki




After that, we couldn't sleep. We woke up not too late and went for breakfast at a local husband and wife restaurant called Ichiban (food was amazing)
Instant classic that I frequented













































One thing I always do as a backpacker is grab every map possible and take photos of every map possible. I rarely communicate with anyone, I am self sufficient. By using various maps and railway network maps / subway maps I get around all over the joint.


I decided to go visit Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan via the ferry, then train it back. The ferry leaves from Universal studios area, so that's where we headed









After that we had a late lunch. Dont' know what I ordered, just pointed haha.
















#Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur to Osaka
[Day 3 S]
-> Epic long day
-> Airports, buses, taxi

#Osaka
[Day 4 S]
-> didn't arrive to Odori Guesthouse until ~3am
-> Thanks so much to Kinki and Ayumi, waited up for us
-> Sleep
-> Awesome breakfast @ Ichiban!
-> Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN
-> Dinner @ Odori - Pasta!
















No comments:

Post a Comment