Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Emiko & Mayuko take me to Temple P2

Meiji Temple – Located in Harajuku
Mayuki’s adorable friends Misato and Mayuko took me to temple.  We got bored quickly after a quick lunch in Akihabara district ;)
We travelled to Harajuku district because I hoped to catch the crazy fashion of the district.
They walked me through some of the basic of visiting a temple. One was to never walk in the middle of the gates as your enter because that is the path of the gods.


These gates were massive! Out of solid wood, amazing structures.
I believe many Japanese people visit this temple on new year’s day to ask for there good fortune wishes.
Mayuko explained how to cleanse my mouth and hands before entering temple to pray.  Each temple has different praying styles.
I think this I threw the coin to the collection box.  Clap 3 times and bow three times.















Was a really lucky day to spend some time with the local girls, a quick run down of Tokyo.  Thanks Mayuki you have some really cool friends.
I had met Emiko previously in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment