Monday, May 16, 2011

Mobile Uploads 01 - Korea Air!!!!

Warning to all backpackers that don't book anything and just go with the flow!!!!!!!
DO NOT LEAVE PLANES IN JAPAN TO THE LAST MINUTE
Otherwise you be like me left with a $500 one way flight to Korea @_@
At one stage they wanted just over $1000.

Story goes I was in Hamamatsu.  I planned to stay two nights with my friend because I wanted to go to Nagoya and Fuji or Gifu or something.
But long story short on the first day to Nagoya i realised my JR Pass expired that night!

So the plan was -
A) Go to Tokyo and fly back to Korea - Ideal option till i found out tickets were 1k AUD!!!!
B) Go to Osaka and fly back to Korea - Fall back, stay with a friend in Osaka for a night







C) Go to Hakata and boat back to Korea (meaning I needed to leave Nagoya ASAP to take the train for about 7 hours to Hakata from Hamamatsu)
Basically I didn't want to get stuck in Hamamatsu with an expired JR pass and have to pay an additional couple hundred to just get to a big city.







Somehow I managed to get an air ticket over the phone to Korea from Tokyo while in Nagoya JR station.
I thought the price was $380, later did i see my credit card receipt for $450 or something @_@

Anyways I planned it so that i spent 4 hours in Nagoya, back to Hamamatsu around 630pm.
But because Japan has no Wifi and I didn't have a phone I wasn't able to email my friend.
She came to the train station to grab me but I was on the bus to her house @_@
Completely missed each other...I got to her house and finally saw the email that she was at the train station lol
She came back, we had dinner then it was back to the train for the 10pm or so train to Tokyo!
Took KoreaAir.  Absolutely killer.  Never have I been on a major airline :D
Beer, food, touchscreen movie YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment