Monday, February 21, 2011

24 Hours in KL

The reason for this trip is of course my good friends wedding! I thought why not see an overseas Muslim wedding. Maybe once in a life time!!! ^_^
The wedding is on the 12th of March in KL. I seized the opportunity when I saw discount tickets to Korea! On the dates surrounding the wedding. I have a friend in Korea that I would love to meet in her country! She has visited my country twice but I have not been Korea.
While in KL I had to buy a Batu (shirt/dress thing) and Sokchong (traditional hat). This is a traditional garment that I will wear to the wedding. I also forgot to bring

pants to use to Korea for the really cold climate.
***EDIT*** From Masi herself :)
just thought i give u a 'fyi' the top is called a BAJU MELAYU and the hat is called a SONGKOK (:great blog btw!
***EDIT***
 So I went and found some really cool jeans!
The best of Malaysia is the food! I love teh tarik and Nasi Lemak. I also tried banana roti :D delicious

We did alot in 24hrs, shopped till midnight...Ate alot and the weather is a killer...Extremely hot n sticky...oh well...just have to keep on going!
I took the Skybus from LCCT > To Sentral for 9RM. Best value! Can sit and relax for just over 1hour.
From Sentral I take the monorail to Bukit Bintang where I walk for 15min to my hotel ;)
Nice small hotel very clean. Staffs there weren’t rude but very very quiet!
I met a local girl on this bus that I chatted to for over an hour...I wanted to relax, no sleep for 24 hours was killing me...But it was nice to talk after 5hour flight J

Rested in the hotel for some time had a shower with absolutely no pressure! Fill a cup up about 20sec and throw to my body. Lol they were doing road works or something. That was the reason.
It was working at night time though J
Had breakfast in Bukit Bintang the usual local street vendors. Mmmmm so good!
I write this as I am on the plane to Korea. Where I have met husband and wife couple that treated me lunch (Nasi Lemak haha). English is quiet good.
Now I have just stepped into Seoul !
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. just thought i give u a 'fyi' the top is called a BAJU MELAYU and the hat is called a SONGKOK (:
    great blog btw! thank goodness u wrote good shit about me! hahaha (:

    ReplyDelete