Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Expedition to the Culture Rich World of Asia \(^_^)/

ͼͽIntroductionͼͽ
I have written this as a story so that I can remember how it unfolded and the hiccups that occurred through the trip. But for those that hate reading, I have extracted key information so that u can skim over the story and find the key points e.g. tips, places to see, interest, how to get there and other travel friend information.

ͼͽThe Story – Before the Trip Planningͼͽ
Where do I start…It has been six months since I have returned from Vietnam and I have yet to write about it…I want to write about it for myself and for those that like to read… I think my memory is slowly getting worse, I am young and I don’t know why this is so…Maybe because of my love for Tuna, it is slowly poisoning me…Tuna like most large fish contain mercury…I am not one to believe the bullshit I see on TV, but maybe this one is true… It became apparent when I went to Taiwan in February and I completely forgot my internet banking logon username, a number I use weekly for over 5 years…

◄◄TIPBIT
Mercury in Tuna you might say. There are numerous articles on the web that talk about Mercury in large fishes e.g. Tuna. From my basic understanding it works on who is higher in the food chain. Each link in the food chain that eats each other gains a higher mercury content due to the their dietary intake. E.g. Tuna eats lots of small fish that eat even smaller which hence the % Mercury slowly increases. This also applies to Dolphin meat and Shark.
Article 1: There's More Mercury In Sushi Restaurant Tuna Than Canned Tuna >>>
Article 2: Mercury and Fish >>>
I highly recommend reading about the Minamata Disease in Japan how many people died due to the high concentration of Mercury in the water thereby poisoning the sea life and in turn the locals… >>>
My English is very bad, so excuse my poor English…but I hope to convey my experiences as best as possible.

ͼͽMy Goalͼͽ
My goal is simple I want to enlighten readers about by Asian travels…I have just finished my studies and now work full time, I hope to travel various part of Asia once a year…
I have always been fascinated about Asia I think its because of the vast culture that differs in every way from the western world…the food, clothing, people, spices, chilli ^_^ the aromas that you experience walking through the market of Cambodia to the crazy fashion of Harajuku, Japan (to be visited)…the crazy traffic that you can’t imagine how it works but it does…the friendly locals and different ways of life…the cheap alcohol that I can buy anywhere in Vietnam as I walk down the streets …oh and I save the best to last the GIRLS, my friends would say I suffer from yellow fever @_@ and others might say that is an understatement. This love started when I found Ayumi Hamasaki back in the year 2000. But I leave that story for another day…back to the trip

◄◄TIPBIT
Ayumi Hamasaki is the Madonna of Asian pop culture. She had the biggest influence across Asia with her music and her unique style. I see singers like BoA and Jolin which in my eyes have stolen what Ayumi brought to Asian pop. Most will call her the Queen of Jpop. She has been singing for over 10 years. She started as a model. I could talk all day about her but I leave that for you readers to find. I have lost touch with her current news and only once in a blue moon I will check up on what she is producing.
Article 1: My favourite Ayumi site, that is still up to date now >>>

I have always had Vietnamese friends since high school…After high school I worked with four Vietnamese men for over 4 years!!!! In an electronics assembly plant…Year after year I would hear the stories they told me…but I was one poor student, working on minimum wage, I think I started on $7.15 an hr in the year 2004…it’s a joke…just because I am younger I get used and abused, fucking government…done the same job as 6 other blokes on a 1/3 of the wage…now I know how those sweat shop workers must feel. Finally after completing my degree and working a year full time I had the chance to go to Vietnam, my ex-co-worker told me he was going…do I want to go…and I couldn’t have been my excited!! Booked my ticket via JetStar for about $800AUD (return) leaving mid December. I booked it back in June that year (2009).


◄◄TIPBIT
If you want to save every dollar possibly fly the cheaper airlines. There is nothing wrong with them. If you don’t mind having no TV. Most people have their MP3 player now…just bring that and a spare battery. My favourite is Jetstar then AirAsia, I heard bad things about Tiger (from my big ozzi friends, they said it way to small). When in Vietnam try an airline called Vietnam Airways !!! amazing…pay $100US a ticket from Hanoi to Saigon and got food and a beer and the seats are so spacious.
www.jetstar.com
www.airasia.com
www.tigerairways.com
www.vietnamairlines.com

All my friends talk about going travels, but that’s all they do just talk! I couldn’t wait for anyone otherwise I would never do anything. I am happy I booked that ticket without waiting for anyone. No regrets!!!
About three months later my friend said he would come, I was like fuck yeh!!! We are both amateur photographers…We both hope to make something out of it one day but couldn’t wait to get out of the shit hole we call work to go experience a whole new world…The adventure was starting to unfold…counting down the days till we leave Perth!!

Vietnam is not like some tourist country like Phuket and Bali…you can really get outback and not see a single white person for days!!! That’s what I wanted…no other white people in site (no offense). I remember my Viet friend saying he would take us to his village. At the entrance to his village it had a sign no white people!!! How cool is that… Getting out into the wild, kinda felt like Indiana Jones exploring the unknowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment