Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Story – The Flight & 6hrs in Singapore

ͼͽDeparting Perth ͼͽ
Most anticipated moment for a long long time. Who would have thought this day would have finally come. This was supposed to be a nice relaxing trip to the airport and a simple check in that I have seen so many friends do. Until my fellow traveller’s seat was DELETED!!!!
According to JetStar his seat was removed from the system (it was purchased with his frequent flyer points).
Had my bad luck spread to my friend!! Just ready to start our adventure and maybe one of us wouldn’t even be able to get out of Perth. According to JetStar all his flights were in the system and were looking good. Except the flight from Perth to Singapore. It was canceled by Visa. JetStar and Visa were having a fight of who blames who.
My friend and I went on first, it was gate call. Eventually JetStar allowed my friend to buy an extra seat in the plane over much hassle. Then he would have to claim it back from Visa. He made it right on time to boarding the plane and just enough time to have a beer before doing so.
  
ͼͽArriving in Singapore ͼͽ
We had 6 hours before our next flight to Vietnam. That left us just over 3 hours to go have a walk around Sing at around 6am and find breakfast. First thing was to get rid of our bags, we dumped it in the holding room in Sing airport. I hate Taxi, I like chilling on public transport hence the MRT. Bought the MRT card for $10Sing. And left the airport from the underground platform. More to come soon!! must complete my diary
My first stop when leaving the Sing airport was Outram street. Got off the MRT and explored the streets to find breakfast. Too early to get Hainan Chicken Rice :( But not too early for some fresh Shumai and Mi Goreng! After our little re-fresher we walked some more...Extremely HOT! and HUMID! Well worth the adventure where we found ourselves in some temple/monastery. Also spotted a R35 GTR! Most noted thing was the wall of 10,000 Buddha..I need to upload more photos! I have them all at home. Lazy me over 1 year and still haven't sorted all my photos...i stuffed up because i uploaded as i went and i have folders everywhere...different uploaded ones... After walking the early streets of Sing and checking out some herbal shops and temples we hit some drinks up. Then hopped back on to the wonderful MRT. Best aircon! So much easier than transferring through KL. Can't go anywhere if you go KL stuck in the airport for 6 hours @_@ At least Sing you can hop on the train hit up Raffles or food and head back to the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment